Subject: [Leica] Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Apr 30 10:59:43 2007

Well, I decided to take a chance and use film in Santa Fe at the LHSA spring
shoot. When I left New Orleans, my camera bag caused no commotion at New
Orleans airport. When leaving Santa Fe, they pulled both of my bags off of
the conveyor belt and took them a short distance away. I finally got them
back about 15 minutes later. No problem, I thought. After all, most of the
film is 100 ISO.

I just developed six rolls in fresh developer (prescysol) and PF alkaline
fixer. All five rolls from Santa Fe are fogged beyond recognition. The sixth
roll (from before my trip) is fine. I don't know what they did to my bag in
Santa Fe, but all rolls are very low contrast mud.

That is it for film + airports for me. From now on, I will only travel with
digital cameras.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com