Subject: [Leica] Photos from Cuba
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed May 2 13:15:26 2007

Phil Swango (that's me) wrote:
 Actually I should have said that the influences of Munkacsi on this guy
remind me of the influences of Munkacsi on HCB, as highlighted in the
current ICP show in NYC.  Specifically the use of dance-like sillhouettes in
stopped motion.  See nos. 8, 10, 33 for examples.  If you know that
Munkacsi photo of the African kids romping the the surf then you will get
the connection.  If not, Google on Martin Munkacsi for images.

Oops.  #33 isn't a good example at all.  Don't know how that got in there.

The Munkacsi is here: http://galeria.origo.hu/kincses/kk03.html

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE