Subject: [Leica] IMG: handheld IR shots with M8
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Wed May 2 21:32:52 2007

The M8's high sensitivity to IR allows handholding in many situations where
it would not be feasible with Nikon or Canon commercial DSLRs. (ones not
modified by removing the IR filter over the sensor.)  With the Nikon D200,
which is very very insensitive to IR, handheld IR shooting is virtually
impossible (without significant motion blur.)

Note also that having a separate viewfinder is an advantage.  With DSLRs you
have to keep taking the filter on and off to frame and focus.

I have not undertaken a comparison of the actual shots.

Mark Davison