Subject: [Leica] Adobe DNG converter quesion (Wade? You out there?)
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Fri May 4 08:38:39 2007

On 5/3/07 2:39 PM, "Eric Korenman" <faneuil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just started playing with adobe's DNG converter.
> Giving it DMR's 20mb DNG files, the program spits out 12mb files.
> Is this a lossless thing going on?
> Any reason not to hand the program all my DMR's DNGs before imported them
> into lightroom?

Here.  Kinda.  On vacation.

>From what I understand, it is lossless, but I have not looked much into it
or done it myself.  I hear the M8 DNGs go down to 6-7 MB instead of 10.

The main reason I don't do this is time - it takes longer on import.  Maybe
I'm just impatient. And 40+% seems almost worth it.

I'll ask around when I get back in the office.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c