Subject: [Leica] Virginia it is!
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler)
Date: Fri May 4 13:50:22 2007

Hello,

Just got word from the Army Chaplaincy that I'm to be assigned to Ft.
Eustis, VA.   If all goes as planned, I'll be a Chaplain for a
Transportation Battalion.

This entire process, including this assignment has been a "God-thing", with
doors opening that never should have by "normal" standards - and an
assignment to exactly where we feel we need to be.  Va was our first choice
- which NEVER happens on a first assignment.  Best of all, because I was
medically released, my years out of service still count for pay.  I'll be a
CHAT w/ 12 years (which is a heck of a lot better than a CPT w/ 5!).

Thanks for all of those who have been praying for Michelle and I.  My new
assignment begins 15 June, or thereabouts.  There will be plenty of photo
ops to put the Leicas through their paces - and the Minoltas too!

If any of you live in the area, or nearby, I look forward to putting a face
with the many names and personalities I've met.

I should have my orders in a week or so.  At that point - and only then as
Ross can tell you - it's official.

I will be re-commissioned next week at the local VFW chapter.  That'll be
fun and I'll try to get some pics.

Jeff M

Replies: Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Grotesquely Off-Topic: Virginia it is!)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Virginia it is!)