Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 "Shutter Fault"
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat May 5 09:01:35 2007

I took my esteemed M8 to a restaurant last night to show Dennis Couvillion.
Much to my dismay, all attempts to use it resulted in "err" in the
viewfinder, a small beep, and the words "shutter fault" on the LCD. I
thought it might be a low battery, so I charged it overnight. Same thing.
Someone on one of the forums had suggested reinstalling the latest firmware.
No help there either.

Any of you have this problem to date?

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA