Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica M8 "Shutter Fault"
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat May 5 20:04:42 2007

Well, it's true. The last time even the mere mention of his name caused an
argument to erupt :-)!

For the record, this is truly how I feel about the M8: it's clear that
whatever problems it may have is the "teething" pain that every digital
camera manufacturer goes through. The original D30 probably had as many
problems as the M8 and cost similarly, IIRC. So why ding Leica for their
effort. As for waiting for M9 or whatever. If you want a digital
rangefinder that takes M lens, there's still only two choices, and really
only one once the supply of the R-D1 dries up. And dry up it will, since
only 10,000 were made originally. Waiting does not necessarily mean that
Leica will make a M9, for there may not be a Leica if no one buys M8s!

The same reasoning was the reason why I bought the R-D1 when it first came
out. If I do not have the R-D1 and if I have the money, I will for sure buy
the M8 now.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: Leica M8 "Shutter Fault")