Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Sat May 5 22:42:05 2007

I certainly am glad it's working out for someone.
Having seen what it can do for the majority of shooters, I'm
convinced this model isn't for me.
On an average shooting week, I'll go through 7 to 4 thousand
exposures. To date, the only cameras that can keep up that kind of
pace, are the current leaders, Canon and Nikon.
Leica, at one time, could definitely go through the equivalent in
film, i.e. a few hundred rolls a month. But that was in another era.
Though the jury is still out on the R8 and R9, as they have missed
their respective historical moments. Those two, if they had been out
in the 80's, might of done well for Leica's bottom line.

S. D.