Subject: [Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron - NowSummitar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun May 6 16:21:10 2007

>snip huge quantities

I don't buy into the thing about a lens having too much contrast and
friendlier softer lenses. Any contrast problems is dealt with in printing.
I realize that there are  a lot of people who are really good who are into
this. I'm just not. And it think its an unfortunate piece of mis information
being passed down.

My strong advise is to get the most modern best lasted cutting edge
sophistication you can afford. They will not let you down. Later on if you
have the time and inclination get old stuff for different "looks".
But ones main look if one was a commercial photographer should be the
highest quality.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY