Subject: [Leica] M8 trials and tribulations?
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Mon May 7 09:05:26 2007

I know for sure that in very early firmwares (ie up to 0.06),
aperture was guessed by the camera and registered in the EXIF by
calculating the difference in illumination as read by the TTL
lightmeter and by the "blue dot" on the front top plate. It proved to
be a somewhat unreliable method, with a +/- 1 EV error range, so it
was dropped and therefore there's not been EXIF aperture reading
guesstimates anymore.

Ed Albesi

El 07/05/2007, a las 00:07, Jerry Lehrer escribi?: