Subject: [Leica] Walking stick/monopod
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon May 7 12:11:45 2007

At 11:05 AM 5/7/2007, you wrote:
>Any recommendations from the group - my girlfriend has me on a
>weight loss program and wanted to get me a walking stick but I also
>need a monopod.
>
>ernie " hey that's a nice lookin' donut" nitka

My Gitzo Mountaineer Carbon Fiber Monopod is a perfect walking stick
and monopod.  It's light enough to walk with but sturdy enough to
hold my camera as well as any monopod I've had.  I've also used the
Leki trekking poles that have the handle than unscrews to hold a
camera.  Those are better for hiking than they are for
photography.  It just takes too long to stop and unscrew the handle,
find a place to put it, screw the camera it and the undo it all after
you've taken the photo.  They don't adjust to be as high as the Gitzo
either.  I love my Gitzo (Thanks, Brian!)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com