Subject: [Leica] Lenses without 6 bit code in M8
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue May 8 09:10:37 2007

Steve,

I agree with you 100%. I've taken maybe 3000 M8 photos before I
received a coded lens. Most of my photos are taken in natural light
and with a varied mix of lenses including extreme WA with no
problems. I was able to duplicate the magenta and cyan problems
during experimentation but never during my normal picture taking. The
only times I keep the IR/UV filter on a lens is when I take my flower
photos with my macro 90. That lens doesn't need coding. I now have
the WATE, which is coded, which I use without a filter with no
problem. All of my photos are in color.

Len