Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW - Week 18 - Woody Woodpecker
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu May 10 06:38:39 2007

Hi Doug,
that is what I have been doing. It was a bit mischievous of me to ask
because I know that if there was a solution it would have circulated
by now. For a long time I thought I must be the only person to think
autofocus was crap for fast/long lenses, photography magazines test
autofocus ad nauseam, I only use autofocus for snapshots with small
apertures. It isn't good enough on any of the cameras I have tried,
Canons D30, 10D, 5D and 1Ds Mk2, nor a Nikon D200 if using a fast
prime lens. You never get focus on eyes automatically and on flying
birds an in focus wing with soft head is the best to hope for. Using
just the centre point, focus lock and re-framing works a bit like an
M leica though!
Frank