Subject: [Leica] WTB--Summar
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Fri May 11 21:41:07 2007

Dan:

  Yes--I've read that here and on the RFF. They're also often beat-up, so I
continue my quest for one that was owned by "a little old lady in Pasadena."

  Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

  Bill

D Khong <dankhong@gmail.com> wrote:
  Dear Bill et al,

I am sure you are already aware that the front element of most Summars in
the market are usually scratched quite badly because of the soft nature of
the glass used in this lens. Take your time in searching for one that is
really hardly scratched. If you can get one in such condition, you will like
the ethereal rendition that this lens can do. I find that it is one of my
favourites for portraitures.

It's bokeh is pleasing! Happy hunting.

Dan K.