Subject: [Leica] Trinity College Cambridge
From: matthew at hunt.tc (Matthew Hunt)
Date: Sat May 12 03:14:01 2007

Thanks Philippe
This was a bitterly cold February: freezing fog on a wintry Cambridge night,
after Evensong.  I used JPG, and experimented with the trade-off between ISO
and exposure time on Manual Exposure, finding that 15s at ISO 200 was the
best.  The picture was taken from the bottom of the clock tower.  One can't
go to Chapel with a tripod, so I only had my mini-tripod in my pocket, which
meant the photo was taken from only 20cm above ground level and several
attempts at aiming were necessary.  By then my fingers were freezing and it
was time to go home.  I cropped out much blank sky at the top and also some
of the cobbles in front of the manhole cover at the bottom.  Other than that
I did not edit it, but I'll take up your suggestion.  I don't know what
caused the blue streak in the sky to the right.
Matthew