Subject: [Leica] cleaning M8 sensor
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Sat May 12 17:18:14 2007

Brian,
I got some fine dust on the sensor while in Arizona, and some more crude
while changing lenses in Yosemite.  Would not come off with a blower.

Eclipse solvent worked well.  It took several cleanings, but now looks fine.
They have animated directions at their web site.
http://www.photosol.com/eclipseproduct.htm

BTW, here is the best way I found to check the sensor.  Close any lens down
to f/22, and shoot through something like the ExpoDisc or aim at a close
featureless white board with the focus at infinity.  That will show the
dust, if there is any to worry about.  It always show best at very small
f/stops.

Regards,
Bob Rose

Message: 2