Subject: [Leica] Lightroom Question: Web Gallery: Flash or HTML?
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun May 13 10:12:25 2007

> Robert D. Baron writes:
>
> > I have it in mind there are some folks who are vehemently anti-flash web
> > sites but I don't know why....or if that feeling still holds true today.

I guess there is flash and there is flash.  Some of it is innocuous, but
others really bug me.  .  Many flash galleries control how much time you can
look at a picture.  Sometimes I want to linger, sometimes I want to rush
past a shot.

One Gallery for example, always asks me to download flash, though I have
it.  Then I click through and after 15 seconds of loading, I get the
homepage.  Then I have to mouseover some dim red links on a black background
in a small font to make them bright enough to see.  While I do that, it
makes irritating clicks.

My biggest complaints though are the usually too small fonts, bad web
practice regarding navigation, and tiny thumbs.  Another issue is that you
can't often send the url of a particular picture to show someone else.  You
must get the page url and tell them it is the fortieth picture down.....

Funny, though, many of the biggest names in photography use flash
galleries.  Shame, really

--
Regards,

Sonny