Subject: [Leica] lynda.com? was Lightroom Question: Web Gallery: Flash
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue May 15 07:07:40 2007

Ken Firestone asks what I think of the lynda.com training....

I have been almost all the way through the Photoshop Lightroom Essential
Training (5.5 hours)....I've watched it in bits and pieces, and have
gone back to several chapters a couple of times....and I am very glad I
did, because I learned a lot that I might not otherwise have gained from
staring at even the best of the books.

I have also looked at a couple of Photoshop chapters to better educate
myself on some things I was hazy on, and started to look at a
Dreamweaver set (I am thinking about dipping my toe in that deep dark
pool at some point and wanted a little initial exposure to it).

Again, I think I learned a lot from what I have watched.  But, still
being a novice, I cannot speak to how totally accurate the segments are
and whether they leave any key bits out.

My 30 days is up soon and I am not sure if it is worth the price
($25/month or $250/year I think) of continuing on, but what I got out of
the first 30 free days was worth a lot more than $25 to me.

Hope this helps.

--Bob

P.S. And as I did last night, if you have a technique question not
covered in the movies you can usually get a quick and correct answer on
the Adobe user forum(s) specific to the product in question.