Subject: [Leica] Tribute to Edward Hopper
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue May 15 17:58:57 2007

Philippe,

Enjoyed your version of Nighthawks.  The current issue of the Taschen
newsletter/magazine offers a book on the history of American storefronts and
used the Hopper painting as an introduction to a rather interesting article
for those interested in art and consumerism.  I posted a screenshot here to
give a snip of what it said:
http://picasaweb.google.com/paswango/Triptych/photo#5064954295351297042

The print is tiny but you can read it if you use the magnifier.  If you find
it interesting you can download the whole magazine here:
http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/downloads/index/1.htm

The storefront article starts on p 15.  The magazine is well worth the
download if you dan't have access to the print version.  I think Philippe
Orlent would enjoy this too, as an art director.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] Tribute to Edward Hopper)