Subject: [Leica] Leica service
From: bampolsk at mac.com (Brian Ampolsk)
Date: Wed May 16 12:24:06 2007

I know people have complained about Leica service, so here is my 2c...

1. I purchased my M8 on 4/2 and about a week later registered it.
the two filters arrived by fedex from Wetzlar (yes, Wetzlar) today.
I hardly consider that unreasonable.

2. About five years ago, I dropped my then 6 month old M6, bending
the rewind crank and rendering the camera useless.  I packaged it up,
sent it back to Leica and three weeks later had the camera back good
as new.  If you didn't know, you wouldn't know.

OK, maybe they aren't the world's speediest.  But, I have never had a
problem with their work and the times seem reasonable to me.

Brian

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Leica service)