Subject: [Leica] RE: Tri-Elmar and Lens Coding
From: ylshih at earthlink.net (Yin Shih)
Date: Sun May 20 02:38:40 2007

I hand coded my Tri-Elmar and it recognizes all 3 focal lengths correctly.

I understand that the M8 senses the change via the cam that changes the
framelines, so perhaps the TE is not correctly moving the cam when switched
to 50mm (do your framelines change properly with changes in focal length) or
the M8 is not correctly sensing the change (it has some microswitches that
are triggered by the mechanical movement).