Subject: [Leica] 28 f/2.8 M-Rokkor Lens....comments please?
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler)
Date: Tue May 22 01:39:18 2007

Hi Ken,

I have one that's had the spotting corrected and it is stellar.  I can't
compare it to the Leica, as I've never had one, but the lens produces really
nice images.  I never liked using anything wider than 35mm on an SLR (I have
the Nikkor 24mm which I haven't used in years), but I keep the 28mm on my M5
most of the time.

Here's a shot with the 28mm:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/441485388_dfb7ff317b_b.jpg

It's untouched, as I've never sat down with PS long enough to make any
editing look natural.  I have more, but don't want to bore / deluge you.
Suffice to say that if you go on my flickr site, anything wide  angle was
shot with this lens.

Be sure you get one that has been re-worked by Minolta.  Apparently the
original design had a flaw and the glass separated, causing spots.  I bought
mine from KEH w/ the original lens hood.  One of the only lenses I've bought
from them in EXC condition, as I was worried about the known flaw if I got
anything graded lower.  Before you buy one from anyone, speak with them and
just make sure that the lens you buy doesn't have the spotting.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Jeff M