Subject: [Leica] Back pack suggestions - OT
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed May 23 08:30:21 2007

My experience with back packs suggests that you must:
1) try them on with approximate weight of what you intend to carry in
them. When you shop for one I'd highly recommend that you take a bag
of books or the like and stick it in the pack.
2) must have a substantial waist/hip harness (this is what really
saves the back).

I really like Eagle Creek stuff.

If you're doing an urban commute you may want to consider a wheeled
pack. When teaching in Chicago, I used a wheeled pack which had
shoulder harness and waist/hip harness which zipped away when not in
use. I had a 2 and half mile walk to and from the college; and the
wheels were used far more than the shoulder harness.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com