Subject: [Leica] how to photograph a clay pigeon breaking in the air
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed May 23 12:59:52 2007

Kudos!
I once -long before the digital era- had to direct a commercial shoot
of a bottle of water falling into water. The kind of 'frozen' shot
like those of ice cubes just falling into a liquid, with the nice
splash up.
It took an enormous aquarium, 2 days of filtering of the brand's
water to get it perfectly clear, a clamp that was operated from
distance to hold and 'launch' the botlle at a certain angle, a set-up
of electrodes to trip the flash combo when the bottle passed them
(just before it touched the water surface), a completely dark studio
(open shutter) and a LOT of shots so we could choose the 'perfect'
splash.
So doing it your way: congratulations.

Philippe

Op 23-mei-07, om 12:38 heeft Kyle Cassidy het volgende geschreven: