Subject: [Leica] -Another-Question Re Backing Up to External Hard Drives
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Wed May 23 18:47:13 2007

I bought one of those exact same Western 500 GB USB
hard drives for exactly the same reason.

However, it does something on my G5 iMac I don't like;
when the energy-saver puts the system to sleep, it
reads the hard drive as having been improperly
removed, the system wakes back up, won't go to sleep,
and I keep getting the error message that a USB device
has been improperly removed.

My work around is to only plug it in and run it when I
am actually copying files to it. How can I fix this?