Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed May 23 22:28:44 2007

Jerry,

the m8 has a metal tab which does the same job as the stud.  Also, how can
you come to the conclusion that the design is bad without an actual analysis
of the failure?  Seems like a shooting from the hip conclusion.  Certainly
an analysis is needed, but you cannot call it a bad design from this one
incident, or even two such incidents.  I work with metallurgists in my work,
and have never had one make such a conclusion without a detailed analysis
the the failure.

Gene