Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Thu May 24 17:48:34 2007

the more I learn about the M8 the greater my love for my old M4.......

slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:  The mounting problems
with this product are going from the ridiculous
to the utterly devastating.

S. Dimitrov

On May 23, 2007, at 5:00 PM, Robert D. Baron wrote:

> This report on the LUF regarding failure of the base of an M8 is
> perhaps of some concern:
>
> http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/25121-base-
> plate-failure.html
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2m9kdx
>
> I am not a metallurgist nor do I play one on tv. I have no idea if
> this is a rare event or something to fret over.
>
> I looked at my own base and it looks fine (solid, it appears) but
> what do I know?
>

> --Bob

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons.
You are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure)