Subject: [Leica] OT: Watches - can you provide advice or sites that offer IWC watc...
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun May 27 19:45:18 2007

I just bought a rose gold IWC Portofino last week which has a list price of
US$ 6500, which I got for US$4500 from the local IWC dealer (brick and
mortar, upmarket location) - this was not old stock, but specifically
ordered for me. The cheapest was the steel Portofino, which retails at US$
3000, which was available for US$ 2100. The effective discount runs to 30%
(Remember these prices are also inclusive of Customs Duty). I have seen the
dealer prices, and they get it at 50% of MRP. So go and negotiate. If these
deals are available here in India, they must be available in other countries
as well...and discounts should be higher on the internet.
Cheers
Jayanand