Subject: [Leica] OT: Watches - can you provide advice or sites thatofferIWC watc...
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Mon May 28 10:59:33 2007

Hi Joseph,

IWC do not make their movements. There are only a handful of Swiss companies
still making their own,

TTBOMK, many of their watches - if not all -  are based on ETA or Valjoux
movements which are 'messaged' to varying degrees in-house. The Portofinos
use an ETA movement, I believe.

That is why in an exchange some weeks ago - when Jerry L.  expressed his
admiration for IWC  - I made the following joke:  "Nevertheless, I am
delighted to see that you appreciate the virtues of  ETA movements :-)."

Regards,
AKhil