Subject: [Leica] Need to Know about Ninetys...
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Jun 1 10:24:26 2007

Bob,
The current Elmarit and the Hexanon are both very similar optically; very
sharp and flare free especially if you can get off 2.8.  You can find the
Elmarit under $1000 pretty easily.  The Elmar C is a good little lens,
smaller, slower, cheaper, but doesn't resolve fine details like the first
two.  This is almost like a 6MP digital compared to a 10MP camera; you will
see more little details with the higher resolution device.

Personally, I would look around for the Hexanon and if a Elmarit came along
near $700 I would snap it up.