Subject: [Leica] Re: Image storage
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Sat Jun 2 18:53:54 2007

A false security, Larry.  It likely makes you feel better about doing
some archiving, but I've heard figures in the 3% fail per year range on
storage CD media.  They de-laminate or can be damaged.  For home, snap
shot use, or more casual duty, it is likely effective enough but if
you're archiving wedding or other valuable original images, I don't
believe it's a system to place your trust in.