Subject: [Leica] 12000 feet and no oxygen
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 5 12:44:24 2007

charcot <charcot@comcast.net> wrote:

> it's been said that well conditioned folks may actually be at
> higher risk for high altitude sickness.

Interesting... altitude sickness hit me pretty hard on my Mt. Whitney
climb, a week after my first triathlon ... OTOH while resting at 13,000' a
woman trotted past, training for the Badwater-to-Whitney Portal
ultramarathon.  She didn't seem to be suffering from much of anything, must
have been altitude conditioning.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?