Subject: [Leica] Darkroom (Nova "trays")
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Jun 7 05:43:23 2007

David,

I use MIS Associates' inks too, both for R800 and C86.

The Ultratone EZ for the C86 works flawlessly for me. But Epson programs
in some stuff so that printers "wear out" before they really have.
Epson's software says "nope, I'm not going to print any more".

I've gone through 2 of them and and on my third and last one. After
that, it becomes a pain to print b/w.

I have succeeded with Epson's own inks and Cone's Piezography inks in
the R800 using Quadtone RIP, but that is expensive, both of them.

Cone's Peizography gives nothing over the quality of the C86 with MIS
Ultratone carbon inks so it is a real stumbling block to put out so much
money on their inks. (They clog a lot and not a lot of recyling and get
very very expensive too).

So I'm pushed back into the darkroom to get reasonable prints. For me,
it is a bit of a bummer, because I simply do not like working in the
darkroom.

Daniel