Subject: [Leica] $99 Samsung
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 7 15:37:39 2007

Ric,
They are giving you incorrect information.  Regular alkaline batteries drop
in voltage below what the camera can use even though the batteries have ma
to go.  If you will pick up some Eveready lithiums at Wal-Mart or Office
Depot (lowest prices) you should get something over 300 frames before they
give out.  Or, you could pick up some rechargeable NiMH of at least 2300 MaH
and they should last 300 or so frames before they need to be recharged.  I
picked up some at Wal-Mart for less than $20 with a 1 hour charger, prices
should be less now.

Really, this AA thing has way too many goofy answers floating about as folks
try to sell something.  Just remember voltage over time curves and that
electronics need a certain minimum voltage to function.  The Samsung is a
good camera as are the many Canon A series and many other cheapish digitals
out there.