Subject: [Leica] PhotoShop Elements 4.0 on iMac
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Jun 8 09:09:06 2007

More memory will certainly help. One of the things you can do is run
the Activity Monitor software that comes with the Mac, it is usually
to be found in the utilities folder in the Applications folder. There
is a floating bargraph showing how hard the processor is working and
a choice of data at the bottom of the main page including system
memory. This shows how much of the memory is being used. Under each
individual software in the main page how much RAM is allocated and
how much virtual memory is being used. If the bargraph is always 100%
the processor is the limit, if all the memory is allocated and the
virtual memory is much more that 3 times the real memory the limit is
the RAM. 1 Gig is not much these days.
I have lots of software for photographs and I am familiar with
Photoshop but Capture one has a very high, if not the highest,
reputation as a RAW convertor. My guess is that it is unlikely that
PS Elements is as good.
Frank