Subject: [Leica] Epson - 1280 or R1800?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Jun 11 16:09:59 2007

John, I have no experience with the 1280. I have an R800, baby brother of
the 1800 (same ink set). Its forte is high gloss saturated
colour because of the large ink set and gloss optimiser coating applied over
the other ink. Very fine and smooth ink pattern, partly
due to the tiny droplets. I had a lot of success also with toned bw, using a
colour managed setup. Neutral is possible with a RIP
like quadtone. However I don't think that it (R800)is the perfect choice for
bw due to the limited number of black carts. Much
depends on what you want to use it for, of course. You may like to price an
ink set for each as part of your decision. 8 carts in
the R800

Cheers
Hoppy