Subject: [Leica] Re:Nikon D3
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Jun 13 18:45:14 2007

Chris,
You have been a Nikon shooter for a long time.  You remember all the phantom
products that were very hard to obtain for quite a while.  It would be
suicide for Nikon to expend resources on lenses for a pro full frame body
when the mid line D200 creates such good images.  Work on better color
balance, work on better noise reduction(less softning) and you will have a
truly killer company.  But to create a new pro camera with unobtanium lenses
is crazy.

As to the pro DX lenses, the 12-24, the 17-55 and the non DX 70-200 make a
killer fairly light package that will do almost anything most shooters
need.  Right now, for the vast majority of photographers 10MP will provide
all the quality needed.  Refine the D80 and the D200 package and you will
make a ton of money making photographers happy.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Nikon D3 OT)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nikon D3)
Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Nikon D3)