Subject: [Leica] More on the forbidden bank
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Jun 18 23:27:51 2007

At 12:25 AM 6/19/2007, Mark Rabiner wrote:

 >Not known for being practically human in the 60s during the Chicago riots
 >and after. And before. That's all stuff of legend.
 >I'm sure they've mellowed out.
 >Its not as if its still Mayer Daley or anything.

Uh, Planet Earth to Mark?  Come in!  Chicago
seems to be currently controlled by Mayor Daley,
the son of the Mayor at the time of the '68
Riots.  Daley I was supposed to have called
Senator Rubicoff (D, Connecticut), a "Yid" across
the Convention Floor but those who believe in the
existence of the Illuminatus conspiracy are
convinced that he actually yelled a
sarcastic  "Evige Blumenkraft", or "Eternal
Flower-Power".  This is supposed to have some
internal meaning to the adepts of the Illuminati
but it misses me by a mile, though I did get to
hear Joplin and Slick at the Free Concerts in
Golden Gate Park earlir that year, and there was
a lot of talk about "flower power" in the City, back in the Longago.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] More on the forbidden bank)