Subject: [Leica] Nice place
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jun 20 10:13:27 2007

On 6/20/07 12:46 PM, "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> typed:

> Gambrel......
>
> Gambrel roof :  A ridged roof with two slopes on either side, the lower
> slope having the steeper pitch.
>
> Gamble....
>
> Gamble Roof..... A roof of considerable age or lesser quality.  Requiring
> mucho dineros to bring up to waterproof stage.  Usually on a house
> purchased
> by young couples, or first time buyers.
>

> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>
> The term "Gamble house" is used to describe the house I lived in in
> Portland
> for 20 years a house with a roof shaped like a barn.
>
> A "Gamble roof" maybe
>
> I don't know
> Its a toss up.
>

> Mark William Rabiner
> Harlem, NY

Yes this is it I was wrong the second time to.
And had been for decades I got it wrong when first heard it from the
architect next door. He either said the wrong thing or I heard him wrong. I
think it was me. Bum that I am.

Gambrel

This illustrates it.
A http://www.cmhpf.org/kids/Guideboox/RoofTypes.html

A gable roof at the top is a regular boring roof. Not a barn roof like I've
been telling people for 20 years.

At the very bottom is the Gambrel. Barn like. Attracts swallows.

The drawings are so quaint like you drew them yourself!
With your left hand!

But could have been an insidious alien skin filter in a crunching CAD
program.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com