Subject: [Leica] Sometimes color is better
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jun 21 08:39:20 2007

Didier Ludwig said and showed:

>>>As Ted once said, real photographers shoot b&w. I'm not a real one but at
least I can try to be a wannabe. So I shot b&w with film mostly, and with
digital, I shoot RAW and then convert to b&w. But this time I kept the
colors. See why:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Didier/green.jpg.html
It's NOT a photoshop effect!   Didier <<<<<<<

Hi Didier,
In this case any idiot shooting B&W would completely fail to "show the
effects in the stream!" After all "the colour is the most important element
of the photograph. Period!"

My "REAL PHOTOGRAPHERS SHOOT B&W!" I've used for years always creates wild,
sometimes very interesting positive and negative conversation..... quite
often quite stupid ones. WHY?

Well those coming back with dumb ass things like ..."where is it written to
be a "REAL PHOTOGRAPHER YOU HAVE TO SHOOT B&W?" Usually this type of remark
comes from unseeing folks who have no concept of when B&W works over colour
or vise versa. And they take it literally rather than it's generally meant
as a tongue in cheek!"

Damn, it sure stirs the pot quite often between "Real Photographers and not
so Real Photographers!" :-) Watch what happens. ;-)

ted