Subject: [Leica] OT - Does anyone know how to open an oxidated battery compartment?
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Jun 22 15:11:31 2007

Does anyone know a good method to open an oxidated battery compartment? The
metal  battery cover of a cute Petri Color 35 (which I just bought from in
the neighbourhood) should be opened with a coin, but does not move, even
with larger coins and rather much power. I guess it's strongly oxydated. Can
I operate with very small drops of acetic acid, or another acid? Or
penetrating oil? Unfortunately the battery compartment is inside the body,
so a treatment with liquids should be done very carefully.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Didier

Replies: Reply from leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava) ([Leica] OT - Does anyone know how to open an oxidated battery compartment?)