Subject: [Leica] Friday For Sale
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jun 22 18:21:41 2007

A Leica DSLR is not doubt imminent the people running Leica now are not
fools.  DSLR's are out selling point and shoots with Nikon and I think
Canon. I'd wait to see that before I ordered a DMR which though capable of
creating great images is going to go down in short hindsight as a disaster.
Some of it was just bad look on wrong approaches.
If the price point is not too high and the thing is not an awkward monster
Leica will have a hit on its hands which will far over reach the digital
M's. You read it here first. This is my prediction and I've not heard others
say it at all.

When this our beloved company which is long known for mechanical not
electrical excellence hits a new burp in the evolution of photography they
usually burp.
SLR's, they come out with one a bit late with no TTL metering. Not an
instant sell out. Nikon takes over.
AF, decided to forgo it. That's ok with me. But people trade their R's in
for Canons.
Compact R's and M's, a total screw up. Efforts failed in having other
companies make the cameras for them. The CL and CLE  are not continued and
Minolta R's are not seen as Leicas.  Consumer confidence lowers.... People
want German camera from a German cameras company with clout. Not badge
engineering.

3. I forget.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY