Subject: [Leica] Leica USA M8 Warranty? Passport?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jun 23 19:17:26 2007

Greg,
I wouldn't be too concerned whether the warranty is one year or two.  Most
electronics fail after a relatively brief burn in period if at all.  So the
scenario is a certain number fail when first powered up; and a larger
percentage fail within the first 100 hours of use.  After that the failure
rate is very low.  So, pick a retailer that you trust, turn on the camera in
the store and snap a few images and set up the camera the way you want it.
Make sure you have at least a ten day return/exchange period and use the
cr%& out of the camera the first week.