Subject: [Leica] please confine your photos to marked tourist spots
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 23 21:19:01 2007

LUG

Oops, did I type "drugs"?<<<< Quoting a post from the LUG!

The fact that anyone wishing to do a country harm and requires photographs
of the "hurt them point" can in most countries find post cards at the local
1 hour photo shop or "tourist trap area" of any city.

This whole stupid nonsense of stopping people / tourist / professional
photographers from taking pictures has evolved due to the absolutely
paranoid stupid morons who have no idea what's on the shelves of their own
"super markets, airports, museums, universities, cigar shops and local news
stands." To name a few locations.

Besides, by now any "bad guys" wishing to inflict damage on any country,
have already got all the visuals they are going to need. If not they'll send
a few well dressed looking tourists or business people with photo cell
phones and in a matter of minutes, if not seconds at a location, have all
the imagery they require.

Meanwhile the paranoid security & government people are still having coffee
and donuts at their favourite donut shop!

Paranoia at the moment rules intelligence! And it's so unfortunate because
Freedom is no longer a useful word in many countries.:-) And due to this,
the bad guys have actually won more brownie points than the now so called
"free people of the world!"

Quite frankly I don't have the damndest idea why this subject is on the LUG!

ted

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] please confine your photos to marked tourist spots)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] please confine your photos to marked tourist spots)