Subject: [Leica] Aperture update for Leica M8
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Jun 24 17:00:49 2007

The way that Aperture stores files is inside a "package" and I don't
think that Spotlight actually searches inside packages.

If I were looking I'd use DiskSweeper which you can use for free (go
to VersionTracker to find it and download it) to look for files by
size. Your images are going to appear to be in a single vast file
which actually is a directory that OS X handles specially.

I assume you know where your Aperture library is - most likely it's in
~/Pictures. Find that library and inside the Finder CTRL-Click on the
file. You'll get a menu - choose "Show Package Contents". The Finder
will open another window, probably in Icon view. You can then use all
the Finder tools to navigate through the files contained within the
package and see what's there.

You might also find that somehow Aperture has thoughtfully created an
alternate file.

Otherwise I think a call to Apple is required although I have to think
your images are there.

Adam