Subject: [Leica] more Passport funnies
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 26 12:14:15 2007

On 6/26/07 12:50 PM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> typed:

> In today's mail I got a Passport warranty for a lens that I do not have.
>
> I've been wanting a 50 for quite a while, and this nonexistent lens is a
> 50/1.4.
>
> Hmmmmmm....I'm thinking that I ought to call Leica and say that I lost my
> lens, and here's the Passport warranty for it, can I please have a
> replacement... Except that I think they'll ask to see the receipt.

I know the Leica passport warrantee for falling out of air plane mile up and
landing into freshly plowed field.

But are you covered for non existence ever of having owned the object in
question?

That would be some warranty!

You know the sound of one hand clapping!?....

THE NEW EXISTENTIAL WARRANTY FROM LEICA!

"Never owned the lens in the first place!
You're covered for that!"

Also gets into a Monty Python area.....

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY