Subject: [Leica] 'cron 50mm DR on M8
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Jun 27 16:10:11 2007

Steve:  I have not actually tried mounting a DR head on a Rigid Summicron
mount.  I only have the DR.

Someone on L-Camera-forum's M8 forum says that he did it.  He said that it
focused correctly (no specifics about distance, stop or testing method).
But he said that the lens head ended up at right angles to the normal
position when completely screwed in--the f-stop index dot was at the side
(3:00) of the lens rather than at the top (12:00.

Who knows? I guess the best bet is to try it and see, if you have a Rigid
mount whose focal length matches the lens head. If you try it, please let
me/us know how it goes.

I've fooled around a little with my Canon 50/1.8 LTM, which is actually a
pretty good lens on film, where it draws somewhat like the DR.  So far I
am not super-impressed, but I haven't checked the focus critically yet,
nor have I mounted my 39mm IR cut filter on its 40mm thread.  (I'm
thinking plumbers tape, dental floss, or maybe the filter will fit into a
Series VI hood I have for the Canon).

--Peter

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] 'cron 50mm DR on M8)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] 'cron 50mm DR on M8)