Subject: [Leica] m6 base plate question
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jul 4 13:35:27 2007

At 03:50 PM 7/4/2007, Eduardo Albesi wrote:
 >Hi Eric
 >
 >El 04/07/2007, a las 15:16, Eric Korenman escribi?:
 >> question: I don't have the original m6 base plate.
 >> 1) Where is the best place to find a base plate? (other than ebay)
 ><http://www.leicamarket.com>
 >:-)
 >
 >> 2) will pre m6 base plates work?
 >Compatible baseplates:
 >Pre-M6 - Leica M4, M4-2, M4P
 >Post M6 - Leica M6TTL (obviously), M7, MP, MP3 etc
 >
 >> 3) what is a typical price for this part?
 > From about US $60 for a used beater in black chrome to US $ 220 for
 >a new part from Leica (may be slightly different depending on world
 >location)
 >As used parts, chrome ones (as black paint ones) tend to be a tad
 >more expensive than black chrome and way cheaper than black paint ones.

The early (Wetzlar) M6's had M4/M4-2/M4P
baseplates which incorporated the locking lug to
allow the use of Leitz film cassettes.  The later
M6's and cameras after that had baseplates bereft of this useful feature.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] m6 base plate question)