Subject: [Leica] Re: Gear I wish I'd kept
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Thu Jul 5 07:26:46 2007

Two regrets, none huge:
1.  Early bright chrome regular series M4-P, purchased new from Don
Chatterton.  Sold during an R transition in the early 90s.  A nice camera,
though really overshadowed for me on one side by an M4 and on the other by
M6s.  (YMMV.)
2.  Early 35mm Summilux RF in mint condition. purchased from Phil Levine.
Only regret is selling before values on these went crazy.  I had the whole
kit, including filters, a couple of Ollux shades, half moon case, etc.  The
optical quality of this lens was, in my experience, somewhere between poor
and worse, and it was purchased while my only M body was an M3.  I didn't
particularly like the view through the goggles, so on all practical points
getting rid of it was a good decision, but oh! what it would sell for now...
;-)
John Newell