Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy visits Marty in Adelaide
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun Jul 8 04:49:13 2007

The camera I'm holding is a Linhof 6x9 rangefinder of some sort (it was
operated sort-of like a pistol rather than an ordinary camera); it is
currently on sale at PhotoCo Camera House in Adelaide's Central Market.
The proprieters were trying to get me to purchase it.  I don't know
anything more about it than that.

The camera the gentleman brought in while Hoppy and I were there was a
Thornton Pickard 5x7.

Hoppy, Anita and I had a great time.  Belgian beer is really great, but
I'm still waiting for someone to bring Pilsner Urquell in consistently
good condition into Australia.  For now I'll just have to put up with
Cooper's Pale Ale and some great wines.

Mike - I was looking serious in that shot I took of myself because it was
freezing and because I was standing on tip-toe to get the angle -
straight faced was all I could muster.

Marty

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!